Sunday, May 15, 2011

Proms!

What a weekend!  My oldest son, Perry had two proms back to back.  His first was for his high school on Friday night and then for his girlfriend's school on Saturday night!  Whew!  I took over 400 photos during the course of the weekend.  And to end things, we had my niece, Ellie's 17th birthday party tonight!  Here are Perry and Ellie (cousins) from their prom Friday night, Ellie in a close-up (wish I could claim she gets her beauty from me!), Ellie with her boyfriend, Cody, Perry and his girlfriend, Taylor from Friday night and then Saturday night.  Yes, Taylor wore two different dresses!  Guess I got off easy paying for only one tux with just a different tie and vest.  Whew! 

On a sad note, I also had to do something this weekend, that thankfully I have never done in my almost 25 years of teaching.  That was to attend the funeral of a former student.  Her name was Jamie and she was only 20 years old.  She was killed this past Monday in a car accident.  Another driver went left of center and hit her nearly head-on.  She was on her way home from her job to have lunch.  Her parents and older sister (also a former student) are all wonderful people.  It was probably the lowest point of my career.  I hope I never have to do this again.  My students should come to my funeral when I'm about 94 years old!  I did see a lot of my former students at the funeral and I was glad they were there for one another. 



No comments:

Post a Comment